Wedding Color Trends




Hi all! Part of my job is to seek out the latest and greatest floral trends for the upcoming seasons so that I can share them with my couples. I have started a list and thought I would share some thoughts with you.

The hottest color that I am starting to see right now are shades of blue. The darker navy blues your cousin and sister had 8 years ago are not completely gone, but are being paired with shades like blue steel , turquoise, and tiffany blue, etc. are in. Blue is a great color to play with in regards to flowers. Various shades of purples, chocolate, pink, copper, lime, yellow, basically any color would look great against the blue. Blue is a fabulous color to use as your primary color because there are so many colors that accent it so well.

Although chocolate is still hanging in there, copper is really starting to make it's way into the wedding scene. Copper can be used in various fashions and various shades of color. Bright shiny copper is used more as a detail compared to a deeper richer copper which is often used for maids dresses or linens.

I recently got a chance to do bouquet with shiny copper wire accents. I curled the wire and placed it in the bouquet as accents. I also used the wire to tie on small accent flowers which hung from the bouquet. The wire can also be used to stem wrap boutonnieres and bouquet stems.
Don't think for a second that colors like pink and lime have lost their place in the wedding color wheel. They are still holding strong. Pink is making it's way into bouquets in many many different shades and lime is still the hottest accent bouquet color I have seen so far and has been showing up all on it's own with bouquets in variations of lime orchids, roses, callas, kermit's, gladiolas, bells of ireland, spider mums, etc. Keep your eyes peeled for much more of that!












0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Specializing in Wedding and Special Event Florals

Search the Wedding Web!

Custom Search

whos.amung.us

PageRank

My Google Pagerank

Wedding Wire Rated

Posh Wedding & Special Event Florals Reviews & Ratings | Wedding Flowers & Decor | Iowa - Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Mason City, and surrounding areas
Weddings - Wedding Planning - Wedding Ideas - Wedding Checklists - Wedding Websites - Wedding Cakes - Wedding Dresses

Vote for Posh!

Posh Wedding & Special Event Florals's Fan Box